As promised in my last post on must-read business books, our team recently went through over 350 episodes to pull out the best of the best for you. Here’s how it all went down:
- We started by figuring out which titles have been recommended more than once.
- Then, we made a “short list” of those titles. Who can keep track of 350 books, anyway?
- This brought us to a list of exactly 50 books – all of which have been recommendation more than one time.
- Of those 50, 27 of them were only recommended twice. We didn’t want to just give you a list of 50 books – that’s still a whole lot of books!
- So we sat at 23: still a little long…
- Finally, we eliminated all that have been recommended just three times, which resulted in scratching eight more titles.
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
Rework by Jason Fried
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau
Delivering Happiness by Tony Hseih
The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
Purple Cow by Seth Godin
Mastery by Robert Greene
Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B Cialdini
Good to Great by Jim Collins
Crush it! by Gary Vaynerchuk